Friday, August 14, 2009

Opportunity!

Well,I was kind of discouraged earlier today,I spent all morning on line trying to find out about any volunteer opportunities in Gowanda , and I couldnt find anything anywhere. Finally this afternoon opportunities started poping up. Then most information I found was on facebook (of all places , I dont even have an account) Nothing in the news, county chamberofcommerce,school, red cross web sites... Anyways a local radio station collected donations for 4 hours this morning and brought in a semi full of supplies that they are distributing at the assembly of god church, they need volunteers to help there tonight ,alsothe school is providing childcare for children 3+ and volunteers are need there, apparently there has been no one to care for infants upto age 2 sothat is still a need. A group from stbonaventure came uptoday asking for volunteers and they will be here through sunday. The amvets in silver creek is taking used donations and also asking for volunteers to help distribute and serve food. GFM youth group is getting a team together as I write this, to do any kind of work needed tomarrow, and my 5oldest and myself will be headed down tomarrow morning to see where we are needed. Masks must be worn now while going through town(me and ash took are last walk for a while through town last night) the stench is almost unbearable and because its finally been so dry the toxic mud has turned to dust flying everywhere. So.....if anyone is free this weekend and would like to come out and help your welcome to stay at our house or in our tent. Bring some masks and maybe shovels,mops,bleach gloves, ...Im not sure how supplies in local stores are holding up.
love you
Sandi

No comments: