Thursday, August 20, 2009

Eye opening lesson

I have to agree with J .The whole trying to help in Gowanda thing isnt as easy as it sounds (which is discouraging) The first day we went out we were, left out of the loop of the group we were supposed to meet and then we were pretty much blown off. So, we sucked it up and were forced to open our eyes and gather our courage to find something to help with and we found lots. Unfortunately if you are not with a group or know the right people its not easy,extremely disorganized. It is a very good learning experience for most of us in this family (we, I believe, carry around some pretty good blinders and are quite comfortable just following the crowd and going with the flow, following the "rules"and taking orders.... when those situations are not happening it becomes very uncomfortable for us. ) We are being forced out of our comfort zones. So,it isnt always going to be productive as far as getting lots of work done,but it is pushing us to be bold, or give up(which some of our hearts wont allow to happen , because we have such a strong pull to do something). So we'll press on! (uncomfortable as it may be). Tami I have been doing a terrible job at getting things done around here, I havent been riding the bike much , not walking as much as Id like and definitely not eating how I should be. getting things done around here(nope) I do, do better with a list.I did go throught the kids clothes and school supplies left from last year and came up with a list of things we need to get for school which starts in 2 weeks. I took a bag of clothes to the clothing pantry, but still have lots of things to get out of here. Things like getting wood and stocking up food for the winter, and saving money for our trips is moving way slower than Id like it to which is a major cause of anxiety for me. ....Anyways... Wes took me for icecream at sunset grill last night (choc pntbut cup yum), Ashley cut about 4 inches off my hair for me (it feels so much better), Timothy and I are going to the mall with geri gates today shes buying him school clothes(fun! well probably go to lunch too) And were getting pizza today because i wont be home to cook ) I think we have plans to go to the buffalo zoo on sunday, (thanks to uncle mike). have a good day
love Sandi

No comments: