Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend are just too short!

We had a great weekend the weather was cool and sunny and the leaves are beautiful. Wes and Ian went riding the 4 wheeler Saturday they were gone from 10am to 9pm they had a great time. I took the other kids for a ride to get Amish goods then we just stayed around the house. Sunday Dan and Ashley took all the kids with them and Wes and I got to ride the 4 wheeler for the day. It was a beautiful day we had a lot of fun. We rode awhile then he stopped and helped his uncles on a garage they were building then we rode some more and stopped at a couple place where people were outside to talk then we rode to his cousins house , it was almost dinner time so they invited us for coffee and dinner. Then we rode home along the creek in the moonlight . We met up with some fishermen with huge trout and we finally saw a few deer cross our path just as it was getting dark. I learned some signs that the deer make and what to look for (but I'm noy very good at it, I would just pass them and not even know). Like how they scrape on small trees toward the bottoms and how they break a branch and wipe liquid from the corner of their eye to leave their scent, then clear a little area below it so that when a doe comes along she'll see and smell it and pee in the area, and then step in it so that the buck can follow her scent. Wes amazes me how he can just pick out a trail through the woods even when there isn't one, while hes still driving. We stopped and picked apples from a tree and some left over grapes in the field and ate them. It was a great time. Then everyone had to go back to school and work this morning except me, I got to go play again for the day(that is after all the household chores were done) Grandma and I went to Dunkirk and did a little shopping , had some breakfast at Dennys, then went back to her house and looked through all her neat catalogs and had tea. What a fun day!
Love ya
Sandi

No comments: