Milkweed pick the flower buds(look like fuzzy broccoli) pour boiling water over and drain 4 times then cook for 10 min in boiling water drain - season with butter and salt (delicious)
Cleavers(relative of coffee) seeds can be roasted and ground like coffee
Dwarf Cheeses round green fruit looks like cheese wheels can be eaten as picked
The nature show we got when we went to the island yesterday.
Jay we hope your recovering well, and not driving Amy crazy. Tami your doing great! Brandi hope your enjoying your summer with the kids. Jon Im sure everyone was glad to see you, and congratulations to you and Phylis. Mike you really have to bring Daaron camping on the island.
Its raining again, but alot cooler than yesterday. We went to the island yesterday and swam, fished, explored and had dinner there. Today were going to the Amherst museum for a civil war reenactment (if it stops raining) Last week Ash and I went to Genesee Country village with Lyles class. Ian was home with strep throat two weeks ago, now Timmy has strep and mono. Wes has been working so Ive had to entertain myself. The first two days he was gone I played with the power tools and made a pen for my rabbit and a toilet for camping on the island. Ive been identifying the weeds in my yard which is where I found the clevers and cheeses. We collected and ate the milkweed yesterday. The kids still have a week and a half of school left.
Its raining again, but alot cooler than yesterday. We went to the island yesterday and swam, fished, explored and had dinner there. Today were going to the Amherst museum for a civil war reenactment (if it stops raining) Last week Ash and I went to Genesee Country village with Lyles class. Ian was home with strep throat two weeks ago, now Timmy has strep and mono. Wes has been working so Ive had to entertain myself. The first two days he was gone I played with the power tools and made a pen for my rabbit and a toilet for camping on the island. Ive been identifying the weeds in my yard which is where I found the clevers and cheeses. We collected and ate the milkweed yesterday. The kids still have a week and a half of school left.
Have a good day , I have a war to get ready for !
love Sandi
No comments:
Post a Comment