Monday, June 21, 2010

Last Week Here!

Well, I'm at my desk filling out my last week of this portion of the adventure called life. I'm excited about having some time off, time to spend with Debra, time to play with Daaron, time to get caught up on my yard work, time to go to the beach and just sit for an entire day, and time to wander our 80 some acres and see how many edible plants and berries we have. I'm looking forward to that part of it.

Then..... Well, not quite sure what is next. I do know I will be doing my internship somewhere. I do know I will at least sub some days. I'm hoping to have a job somewhere, but honestly, I really don't want one. It doesn't mean I don't want to work, it just means I'm ready to take a break. I think I'm ready to write, ride my bike, and sit by the fire pit outside for a month. I'm ready to sit in God's presence in silence for a while. To calm my mind and let it begin to recuperate, begin to create again. I'm praying for the peace of mind to spend my July doing just that.

As I write this, I feel my mind and body relaxing. I feel a strong desire to sit by our fire, smell the smoke, listen to the crackle of the flames consuming the logs, and just enjoy the show. Fireflies light up our yard like a silent fireworks display. Raccoons make noise every night outside our window, and the moon just brightens our entire yard. It is incredibly peaceful, apart from the highway traffic. Anyway, I get the feeling I may be writing a lot on the blog, just processing and sharing my thoughts this summer. Hope you all don't mind.
Mike

No comments: