Monday, March 21, 2011

Why NY?

Wes heads back to work tomorrow, and I'm glad for him because he's really getting bored. I'm also sort of sad because I will miss having breakfast, and lunch with him everyday and just hanging out with him. But, I'm reminded of why, despite the high taxes, the crazy laws, and this house that will never be ours, why we'll probably always stay here at least in this area. Because every year when the winter is over and the BA starts calling around with job offers, everyone has each others back around here. If they aren't ready to go back to work or they need more than one guy, they refer each other, and when Wes accepts a job and asks who in the area is also working there, that person has no problem letting Wes ride to work with them. And its not just with jobs, its everything. When the kids are in the paper for doing good in school or sports everyone says hey I saws your kids good job!, and when there's leftover food from a church dinner they say Hey do you mind if we bring some food over, and when clothes get too small or too abundant they say hey, do you mind if we drop off some clothes for your kids? Community, that's why we stay here, because there are so many people who have our back. Yes , I would love this community to be closer to my brother and sister and yes I would love this community to be near my own little cabin in the woods, but all in all there are so many good reasons to stay here.
Have a great day
love Sandi

No comments: