Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My First Ever...

I did something today I've been avoiding since the day I got my license. I got hit by a deer! Really!!! I was run over by a deer! I can honestly say "I didn't hit the deer, it hit me!" Let me back up a little.

My morning got a little rough start as I started up the car and got out to scrape my window and noticed, as I slammed the door, that it bounced right back at me. My door wouldn't latch. So... I fought with that, finally getting it to latch, turned the car around and headed out our driveway. As I turn out of our driveway at the high speed of 5 mph, I suddenly hear a very loud "thud!". As my mind begins the process of trying to figure out what happened, the word "Oh" goes through my mind quickly followed by the word "deer" as I watch a deer jump over the hood of my car. I'm so stunned I just sat there for a minute, and then began driving down the road. Two driveways down I decide I should probably survey the damage. I open my door, step out and find one piece of damage. The deer broke right through my passenger side headlight. Yep, that's it, just the headlight assembly. Taking a deep breath and thanking God that there wasn't more damage, I got back in my car, slammed the door, and... yeah, you got it, it wouldn't shut. So, I held my door shut as I drove a few miles towards work. Finally it latched. What a morning!
Love you all
Mike

1 comment:

Rogers Family Fun said...

Glad everthing worked out alright. I have to laugh though because lately our back hatch door just pops open when ever it wants to and if we dont pa close attention well go out to start the car in the morning and the battery will be dead because the door popped open and the lights were on all night. have fun!
love Sandi