Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Thanks From Michigan

It's been a long time since I've actually been able to get on the blog and write. Even now I don't have much time but I thought I'd give some thanks. If I had time, I'd put pictures of Debra's cabbage soup (to go along with Sandi's cabbage meal), and her egg rolls (again, to go with your uses of cabbage), and finally, the birthday cake and party Daaron and Debra made for me. But I don't have time to put the pictures on at this point. Maybe later....

So.....

Sunday thanks.....
Today I'm thankful I have only two more weeks of internship left. It'll actually be three weeks, but one of those weeks is spring break.

I'm thankful for the beautiful sun waking me up this morning, sparkling off the frost covered lawn. I'm thankful for a lazy Saturday. Thankful for the library where we spend some of our Saturday afternoons. Thankful for all the calls from my family on my birthday. Thankful for the cards and Sandi's cupcake blog. Wow!!!

I'm thankful for my son who is growing soooo quickly... He's now taller than his mom! He's also decided he wants to memorize the psalms. So we started this week and he has Psalms 1-3 memorized already. He calls it spiritual Tae Kwan Do. He is practicing his violin without us having to remind him every day. He is going to be in the spring play with the Pioneers homeschool co-op. It is wonderful and kinda sad at the same time. In a few years he'll be off on his own. My how time flies.

I'm thankful for my wife, who is such a great cook, mom, and teacher. She is, I'm quite sure, very ready for me to be done with my masters and all the twelve hour days. I know its been difficult for her being stuck without a vehicle four days a week. We are already for some serious time together.

Finally, I'm thankful for God's sovereignty. Every time I start to get restless, frustrated, or impatient I'm reminded everything is in God's hands. It's all about His timing and faithfulness, not mine. Good thing, huh?

Love you all.
Can't wait to spend time with everyone, hopefully soon.
Love you,
Mike

No comments: