Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy March 1st!



Well, its cold again, less than 20 this morning, but we enjoyed yesterday. Wes and I took a ride from Gowanda to Silver Creek checking out all of the Cattaraugus creek flooding and the ice jams at Sunset Bay. They were about ready to shut Sunset Bay down when we were there. The ice jams were level with the bank and the water was backing up behind it because it rained all day yesterday. Then we took a ride down to Nation beach and only got half way down the rode and watched the water spill over the bank and inch its way towards us as we backed up down the road. It was kind of cool and a little scary. I wish I had a video camera, because the pictures I took just don't do a good job. Time to get the kids up and on with whatever adventure awaits me today. I know for sure, breakfast out and grocery shopping.
Have a good day!
Love Sandi

No comments: