Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!



Hope you are all having a blessed day! Friday night we colored eggs with J and Amy, then this morning we went to church with them. It's hard to imagine that next year there will be a little one with us! I talked with Brandi on the way to church, they will all be spending the day with Ruben's family at church, they are so happy to have Ruben's mom back with them. When we woke up we had hot cross bun's that Ashley made while we were in NY. We feel really blessed to be able to share things with the family, even when we are so far away. Lunch was traditional polish Easter foods, polish sausage and perogies I bought while I was in NY, sauerkraut, and of course a butter lamb. Our butter lamb is different than most, because the only place I have ever been able to buy one is in NY, so a few years ago, in KS, our German neighbors bought me a mold while they were in Germany. Most butter lambs are about 3-4oz. of butter, ours is a full pound! The important part is the tradition. Most holidays Phil and I are alone now, but our traditions keep the days special for us. What traditions are part of your Easter?

1 comment:

Rogers Family Fun said...

For the past couple years weve started some different traditions since everyone seems to be going in different directions. This is our second year going to the Broadway market, it was so much fun taking all the kids this year and letting them sample as many easter goodies as they wanted, Wes and I have spent the last couple Easters on the beach, early before the kids are up, with coffee and Gods awesome creation. Also a few years ago I decided to stop fighting with the decision of when to have Easter dinner so that everyone could make it in between all there other dinners and activities, and started having a special breakfast, not just for Easter, but for all the holidays. We hardly have any conflicts with our 10 am holiday family breakfsst, then everyone can go their seperate way for the rest of the day.
Sandi